To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



November 30, 2011

sweet owls

I am joining Ginny from Small Things for one of her wonderful yarn alongs. My attempts at knitting have been few & far between since going back to work full time. I did finish knitting these sweet owl mittens for my daughter. The pattern can be found here & it is a great first cabling project.


I want to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to visit this little blog & that your kind and supportive words have meant the world to me. Amid the chaos of going back to work, running Sweet Basil Fibre Works and being a single mom I feel so incredibly thankful for all my blessings. I wish you all a holiday season filled with love & peace.

13 comments:

Lap Dog Knits said...

Those are beautiful gloves - well done!
Thanks for sharing - enjoy your day...happy holidays

Tracey said...

What an adorable pair of mittens. I don't see how you get so much accomplished, I think you're amazing!
xx

Linda said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous, wow!

little macaroon. said...

I am the world's most HOPELESS cable knitter - but I'd almost be tempted to try making these because they're so adorable! Well done you.

Lindsay said...

I love your mittens, they're beautiful! I did the owl cable for a toddler hat a couple of months ago, it's so sweet and delightfully simple :)

Mistea said...

The mittens look perfect, how clever to use the cable for a little owl detail.
Enjoy

Pumpkin Pie Baby said...

Those are really beautiful mittens, Genevieve. I didn't realize you'd gone back to work. I hope it's been going well for you and your family.

Swanski said...

The mittens are perfect and just in time for some chilly weather.

Genevieve said...

Thank you all so much for the kind words.

meredith said...

the mittens are lovely. i used a similar pattern (the who? owl hat) for my first cabling project, and i agree that the owls are a great way to learn cabling.

Lori ann said...

love your mittens, the owl looks adorable. i love that little pattern.
i can only imagine how it is going back to work full time and with being a single mom. (i did do that too). take good care of yourself sweet genevieve, then you can do all the rest.
xox

Mami Dearest said...

the mittens are beautiful!

Maryse said...

Such fun mittens! Love them!