To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



September 21, 2011

Yarn Along


I'm joining Ginny of Small Things for her weekly yarn along. Since it froze here the night before last I am trying to get some warm cozy hand knits finished. The mittens I knit using the warmest mittens pattern & this yarn. They are so soft & cozy. I have been reading a lot of cookbooks as the change in weather has me craving hot soups & stews. Cooking Fun by Rae Grant is one of my daughter's favorites cookbooks & I love the old fashioned feel to it.

7 comments:

pinkundine said...

Those mittens look fabulously warm and squishy :)

Lori ann said...

love the mittens, and i'm envious of freezing weather. soups and knitting sounds perfect. :)

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

Is it mitten time already? Yours remind me of ones my grandma used to make.

Swanski said...

I cannot wait until mitten season. Your mittens are beautiful and bright!

Genevieve said...

Thank you all xx

Tracey said...

How pretty your mittens are. I would love to say that it's freezing and have a pot of soup simmering on the stove.

Pumpkin Pie Baby said...

Your mittens are lovely! They look so soft and squishy. We were having cold mornings for about a week, but now we're back to mid-70s. So I can postpone mittens for a bit longer.