To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



August 10, 2011

Yarn Along


This week I have been knitting a new dress for our Moonchild Doll, Charlie. I'm using yarn from Mosaic Moon that I've had in my stash for quite some time. I am also working on my first Mystery Shawl KAL, it's called Westknits Mystery Shawl KAL 2011: Earth & Sky by Stephen West. So much fun! I picked up Put 'Em Up! a few moths ago & the recipes are really inspiring. Next year I hope to make the Rhubarb Soda Syrup & Rhubarb Jam when our rhubarb is better established.

Many thanks to Ginny of Small Things for hosting these fantastic Yarn Alongs.

10 comments:

pinkundine said...

The yarn for that dress is beautiful. I love that book too, some fab recipes :)

FlauschiOhren said...

What a lovely dress, very cute =) Thank you for visiting and commenting on my Yarn Along!

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

OMG. I Love this. I think it's the colours, but whatever it is, I love it! Great job!

Genevieve said...

Thank you all so much & thanks to Mosaic Moon for creating such a beautiful varigated colourway called Koweth.

www.theevolvinghomemaker.com said...

i really like that yarn. it is splendid and happy!

:)
jen

Elisa said...

Beautiful yarn! How fun knitting for a doll. When I was little, my grandmother and her sewing friends sewed a whole trunk full of doll clothes for me. I still have them. I don't think I'll ever get rid of them. =)

Tracey said...

I can't grow rhubarb here, but I bet that has some recipes I can use. I have never heard of it before, but now I'm off to order it. Thanks so much.

Hege said...

Beautiful yarn! Rhubarb Soda Syrup sounds yummy! And rhubarb jam is so good - I think it's best when it's still luk warm on a slice of bread. One of my childhood memories :) You should also try to make jam of a mix of rhubarb and strawberries!

I really need to plant rhubarb in my garnden next year!

affectioknit said...

Awesome dress! Lucky doll!

deeps said...

thats beautiful :P