To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



August 23, 2011

in a cloud of dust

The past few weeks have been filled with dust, surprises, humour & happiness. Removing the lino & sub floor revealed some interesting surprises, including the lack of wood floor in some areas. Then came the chimney removal because honestly when you have under 700 sq ft of house that extra foot and a half is huge. The floor was then patched, sanded & 3 coats of varathane were applied. I will do a couple more coats of varathane in the near future. Now on to patching the walls, some paint & a little bit of self control because I'm sure there are wood slats under that paperboard on the ceiling and I am dying to peek.










8 comments:

rebecca said...

absolutely gorgeous! After working on our floor in our living room, I know that you put a TON of work into it. Looks great; enjoy!

Karen Sue said...

incredible floors! Mine is a 70s house with just underlayment...the builders were in the carpet business!! Someday they may be wood!

Genevieve said...

Thank you so much Rebecca & I love what you did with your living room floors.

Genevieve said...

Thank you so much Karen Sue & sorry to hear about the underlayment only.

Anita said...

Oh I love that! We are currently living in a rental, but I have often wondered if there are wood floors as nice as the one in our entry way, just hiding under this nasty old carpet. Great job though!

affectioknit said...

I LOVE hardwood floors so much! I bet you're thrilled that you did that! It looks awesome!

Lori ann said...

oh how beautiful, i love your floors! it's going to be so worth it when your done. have you had any time to knit lately?

Nicole Spring (Frontier Dreams) said...

Oh such beauty!! Wanncome by my house and do it here???? :)