To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



June 22, 2011

A little sprucing up in progress

Please be warned these picture are not pretty but over time they will show how our little house became a home.

This picture is after a shelf, a broken dishwasher, all upper cabinets  & one set of lower cabinets had been removed.

Who knew that underneath the lino there would be fir floors? Once I sand & seal them I think they will be perfect.


I'm sure not all my discoveries will be pleasant but they will help me understand more about our little
house & maybe even some of the history behind it. I will post photo's of my progress along the way. I would love to hear any tips, etc. from others who went the diy home improvement route.

5 comments:

Lori ann said...

oh wow, why would anyone cover that beautiful wood floor? i've never really done a remodel, only an addition so i'd be no help. i think its exciting and will be oh so worth it though, good for you.

affectioknit said...

Awesome find! I love wood floors...

Tara said...

We are planning to rip up the carpet in our bedrooms in the near future. I can only hope we'll find floors like that underneath. looking forward to following your DIY journey.

rebecca said...

what a great discovery! We had a lot of fun refinishing the pine floor we found underneath our living room carpet. Depending on how old your house is, you may want to do a lead test.

Genevieve said...

Thank you all, I'm so glad for the kinds words & encouragement. Thank you Rebecca for recommending a lead test, it is a good idea as my home is older.