To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



April 20, 2011

Yarn Along


This week I have been out in the yard planning, dreaming and feeling a touch overwhelmed. You see I am not one of those people who can visualize the end result of a plan. I am almost always in a state of surprise about how things turn out. So I admit I need planning help. I dream of making our lot into a wild secret garden type place. So I have been reading as much as I can about permaculture & organic gardening. The books above are Rodale's Ultimate Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening, Gaia's Garden & a seed catalogue from West Coast Seeds. This has in turn left little time for knitting. I did manage to cast on for one of my favorite patterns though, it's called the Little Turtle Knits Pilot Cap. I love it, it's so well fitting and covers little ears perfectly. I am using natural Cestari yarn.
Many thanks to Ginny of Small Things for hosting this fantastic Yarn Along every week.

5 comments:

Lori ann said...

hi genevieve,

I wanted to let you know your yarn along link is going to west coast seeds instead of here.

good luck with your planning, i'm sure your garden will be a beautiful work in progress. and your knitting too!

Genevieve said...

Thank you for your kind words & for letting me know about my link error.

Tracey said...

I love the name of the pattern you are knitting. Good luck with the gardening; we are in full swing here.

Tara said...

I find the planning aspect of gardening overwhelming. Bit by bit, someday I hope to have our own secret garden too.

Karen Sue said...

Just finished Heaven Is For Real instead of finishing the sock! But I'm back at it! Happy knitting! I have spent too much time these past few days getting more yarn instead of using some up, but I'm all over that now!!