To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



April 06, 2011

yarn along


This week I finished Charlie's natural grey cardigan. It was a lovely pattern that can be found here on Ravelry or here on Waldorfmama's blog. I have caught a bit of a sewing bug and pulled out some of my favorite sewing books. Last Minute Patchwork & Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson and Bend the Rules Sewing by Amy Karol. I finished a small quilt for Charlies this week thanks to the never ending inspiration these two books provide. A huge thank you to Ginny of Small Things  for hosting this weekly yarn along. Happy knitting & crocheting!

12 comments:

Pumpkin Pie Baby said...

What a sweet little sweater...All these tiny knitting projects make me want a Waldorf doll! I'm thinking about trying to make my own, but my sewing skills aren't great. Did you make yours?

Charity said...

What a sweet little sweater! I love the Last Minute books, they have such fabulous projects. :)

Genevieve said...

Pumpkin Pie Baby,
Thank you. I bought this waldorf doll from Moonchild Studio. I have seen some great kits to make waldorf dolls but have never tried to make one myself.

Genevieve said...

Charity,
Thank you!

affectioknit said...

So adorable!

MJ said...

I would love a sweater of my own like that, too! So so cute :).

Erin said...

What a sweet little cardigan! We have a doll in need of a little sweater too.. thank you for the pattern link!

Lori ann said...

so beautiful, such sweet knitting.

i'm looking forward to seeing what you create with your sewing machine (i love those books).

i saw your wool on soule mama's blog, knit into baby bottoms. i felt so proud of you, your yarn is gorgeous and deserves much attention.

Tara said...

These little sweaters are so sweet. The new banner looks beautiful too.

Genevieve said...

Lori ann & Tara,
Your kind words and encouragement mean the world to me. From the bottom of my heart, thank you both so much.

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

I like the button on that sweater, I'm hunting for some buttons for my newly finished baby sweater, so this Yarn Along the buttons all keep popping out at me! :)

Obaitori Spiritual Mothering said...

Genevieve, your work is beautiful - the stitches, the button and the photo makes it magical. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration. Katie x