To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



March 30, 2011

Yarn Along




This week I have been working on a shawl called Faraway, So Close. It is a beautiful pattern written by Carina Spencer of Sweet Mama Small Sugar. The yarn I am using is an ultra fine organic Australian merino. I dyed 2 skeins of the yarn forrest green for the body of the shawl & I dyed 1 skein of yarn a lichen colour for the edging. I have been reading lots of magazines but some of my favorites are Spin Off, Living Crafts & Uppercase. Many thanks to Ginny of Small Things for hosting this weekly Yarn Along.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Lovely forest green color for your shawl.

Genevieve said...

Thank you Amy. I usually like lighter greens but I think this colour has grown on me.

MJ said...

Oh what a beautiful pattern!!! It'll look lovely with that yarn.

Lori ann said...

i love the deep green, a color i don't often see. how beautiful your shawl will be.

Lily Boot said...

that looks beautiful - I love the intricate stitch patterns in the shawl and the lichen is really lovely. Enjoy your knitting ... shawls are so therapeutic to knit.

Genevieve said...

MJ & Lori ann,
Thank you so much for your kind words.

Genevieve said...

Lily Boot,
Thank you so much & I am really enjoying knitting this shawl.