To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



March 23, 2011

yarn along & beautiful sunshine


The sun is shinning & I am so happy to be part of Ginny's Yarn Along. I am knitting another cardigan for Charlie, my daughter's Moonchild doll. While I usually like to knit seamless items, I really liked this Waldorf doll cardigan from Waldorfmama. It can be found here on Ravelry. I finished reading Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris, the same author that wrote Chocolat. I had a hard time putting this book down. Knitting and reading have slowed a bit as I have started spinning wool again. I missed it so much over the last year but I had a hard time settling in to spin with so many changes about. So now my evenings are filled with spinning, tea & my daughter's sweet chatter.

12 comments:

house full of jays said...

What a lovely way to spend your evenings!
That cardigan pattern looks so sweet!

Renee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.....I love the picture of all your yarn.

Amy said...

Just popping in to say "Hi" as part of Yarn Along.

Kaylana said...

Oh, the sweet chatter of children... I enjoy knitting while listening to them play or tell me stories. Reading has to be done once they've gone to bed though. Cheers!

Swanski said...

The yarns look so lovely!

Tara said...

That really does sound like an ideal way to spend an evening. Beautiful yarn.

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

The yarn is scrumptious! I must read that book... sounds devine!

Pumpkin Pie Baby said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the evening. Your handspun yarn is beautiful. But I wouldn't have expected anything different. :)

Tracey said...

How wonderful to be able to spin; that has always been on my to do list. Thank you for the cardigan link. I have a little one here who's Lovey needs one.
Warmly,
Tracey

MJ said...

I loved Chocolat! Looks like I may have to look into this book then :).

Genevieve said...

Thank you all so much.

Lori ann said...

It sounds so lovely.I hope to learn how to spin someday. enjoy your sweet evenings Genevieve.