To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



February 16, 2011

Yarn Along

Hello, this week I am reading one of my favorite cookbooks,  Whitewater Cooks at Home by Shelley Adams. This book like the first one has so many fantastic recipes but I absolutely cannot wait to make the River Wraps this summer. I am knitting a shawl called Mistaken Shawl by Kourtney Robinson. I am using a worsted weight yarn instead of the bulky weight yarn called for in the pattern. My shawl will be a fair bit smaller. Many thanks to Ginny of Small Things for hosting this weekly Yarn Along. Happy Knitting & crocheting!

8 comments:

Natalie/Woolhalla said...

Hi Gen, That cookbook looks familiar! I'm in Kaslo :o) Love the colour mix in your yarn~ and hope to see a pic of your finished shawl when it's done.
Nice to find you here!!

Sarah said...

The colors of your yarn are so pretty! Can't wait to see more of the shawl.

Lori ann said...

I love to read cookbooks too, I'll have to look for yours, wraps are so delicious.

Your shawl is going to be pretty, I like that pattern. I love to knit (and wear) shawls. I'm making one right now too.

Package sent out this morning, thank you so much Genevieve!

affectioknit said...

The shawl looks awesome!

Meredith said...

your yarn is so pretty, it's going to be a gorgeous shawl :)

Gen said...

Thank you all but I cannot take credit for the yarn. The yarn is from Mosaic Moon.

Gen said...

Lori ann,
Thank you so much & I am so excited about your package!

missy said...

my cousin just told me about that cookbook yesterday!

I'm over in the Okanagan - so nice to see another blog close to home.