To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



January 19, 2011

Yarn Along


Welcome to another yarn along, many thanks to Ginny for hosting it. This week I dug out the parenting books & got busy reading. Sometimes things get a bit topsy turvy and I need a gentle reminder of how ride the wave. This week I am knitting Cascade  by Raya Budrevich. I am knitting it using my own yarn, a worsted weight sw merino/cashmere/nylon blend. The colorway is Ember. I also need to report that I could not get gauge on the needles I have for my Oatmeal sweater and will revisit it in the future. That green yarn has been put to good use though and is becoming this sweater instead. Wishing you all a wonderful day!

11 comments:

KnitterMama said...

Oh your yarn is gorgeous again! I have all of those books (except the nonviolent communication one) but haven't opened them yet! Agh~so much to read, so little time.

Gretchen R said...

I looked up that sweater and it is so sweet! I'm drooling over the yarn. That copper-y color is the color I seem to be drawn to lately, and just recently picked some up. The variegation on yous is just stunning!

Pumpkin Pie Baby said...

I love the button band on Cascade and with your yarn it's going to be beautiful! I like your comment about feeling like things are topsy turvy parenting-wise. It must be something in the air. I should check those books out too.

Meredith said...

the yarn is so wonderful and will be lovely in the Cascade! Thanks for linking :)

Carol said...

Lovely yarn! I love the title of the book about kindness.

My yarn along link is http://blog.mymummyknits.com/yarn-along-5/

anushka said...

ooh your yarn is very pretty! must come back here and take more of a look around. : )

Kristi said...

That yarn is so pretty! I love the depth of the colors! MCN is so great! I made another sweater like the Oatmeal but with a smaller gauge. I really quite prefer it. The loose gauge on the Oatmeal is hard to get in my opinion and not have a loose, sloppy knit.

Wendy said...

I just finished up a Cascade a couple of yarn alongs ago--really enjoyed that pattern. Lovely yarn!

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

The Ember is stunning! You know, my favorite candle at Pier One is called Ember. :)

Gen said...

Thank you all so much for your comments & kind words.

Liz said...

Those look like good books . . . I'll have to go find them at the library.