To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



January 05, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny over at small things for a weekly yarn along. This week I have been reading The Garden that you are by Katherine Gordon. It is an incredibly inspiring book & the photo's are absolutely beautiful. I have been working on quite a few projects but I am trying to work on a sweater for myself. The pattern is called Oatmeal Pullover by Jane Richmond & I'm using galway chunky 100% pure wool.

9 comments:

nocton4 said...

oh that yarn looks wonderful, what a great colour, interested in the book, looks great xx

Kristi said...

I have an Oatmeal in that same color of yarn! In fact, I was just tweaking it last night! It is a fun, quick knit.

Jarka said...

that yarn looks so warm and snuggly :) also, beautiful shade of green...

Tara said...

I bought that pattern but haven't yet knit the sweater. i love your yarn colour. Great choice.

Lise said...

Looks like your sweater will be gorgeous--great color, great pattern. Cool to see you made the Tiny Tea Leaves, too. Melissa is a friend of mine, and my partner just finished one for our baby. :-)

Carol said...

I love that color. It will make a lovely sweater.

Dropping in from yarn along. My link is http://blog.mymummyknits.com/yarn-along-4/

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Oh I just LOVE that book and it is so inspiring like you said :) A perfect read as thoughts of gardening start again and seed catalogues arrive in the mail *grin*. Loving the great shade of green you are knitting with to :) Happy new year!

Genevieve said...

Thank you all for your kind words.

Elisa said...

I've heard lots about that oatmeal pullover...it's on my "to make list" for when I live somewhere cooler. I can't wait to see the progress next week.