To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



January 07, 2011

Tiny notes








I finally had the chance to sew something from the beautiful book Handmade Home by Amanda Blake Soule. I choose the family heart because receiving little notes from daughter is one of the best things ever. I made it so that we could hang it on a doorknob or bed post. We each have our own side because we like different things. My daughter`s side has blue horses & mine has pink matryoshka dolls. I stuffed it with clean fluffy wool and dried lavender from my garden.
*I usually like to iron my fabric before sewing, that is if I can find the iron...the joys of moving!

6 comments:

oldflowers4me said...

hello-i love your blogworld.

Gen said...

Thank you so much for visiting.

Lori ann said...

that is really cute, and a sweet idea. i hope you find your iron :)

Pumpkin Pie Baby said...

I love that. Your daughter must love it too. I know mine loves to write notes, but we don't have a special place to put them.

Gen said...

Thank you Lori ann & I am happy to report I found my iron :)

Gen said...

Thank you Pumpkin Pie Baby, it is such a lovely holder for special notes.