To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



December 22, 2010

Yarn Along


Joining Ginny for a yarn along. This week I've been working on a hat for a friend using a tweed yarn. The pattern is called The Boy Hat Pattern. I have been reading Knitting Workshop by Elizabeth Zimmermann, such a wonderful book full of inspiration. I've also been reading Handmade Home by Amanda Soule & I am working on a last minute Christmas present out of it. Knitting, reading, sewing & tea drinking...I am in absolute bliss.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I like your tweed yarn. And those books look like they are filled with creative inspiration =)

Carol said...

Lovely yarn and pattern for a man's hat. Don't feel bad, I had to frog and remake a hat for my hubby this spring.

I love Amanda's books and blog. Did you read her recent news?

My yarn along post is here: http://blog.mymummyknits.com/yarn-along-3/

amanda {the habit of being} said...

don't you just love tweed? sounds like lots of fun and creating are going on at your house :)

Jarka said...

the books look really interesting! :)
hat is probably going to be my next knitting project :) I'm still deciding which pattern should I use...hmmm

Tara said...

Great looking hat. Love Amanda Soule's writng and her projects. i've been wanting to get that EZ book but haven't been able to find it yet.

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

Knitting, reading, sewing & tea drinking...I agree fully!
One day I need to read a E. Zimmerman book, our library doesn't have a single one!

Genevieve said...

Thank you all, the yarn I used is called Tahki Yarns Donegal Tweed. I was able to find that Elizabeth Zimmerman book through Amazon.ca, gently used.