To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



December 08, 2010

Yarn Along


 I cannot seem to stop knitting tops for my daughter's Waldorf doll, I promise I will start posting other knitted items. This sweater is knit from a kimono pattern for children & I altered it to fit a 15" Waldorf doll. I will post mods on Ravelry once I finish the sleeves & front. The child's pattern can be found here. We have been reading some of our favorite Christmas books; Grandmother Winter by Phyllis Root, One Winter's Night by Leo & Diane Dillon and The Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan Brett. Thanks to Ginny for hosting this wonderful yarn along weekly.

7 comments:

Tara said...

Love that little sweater. I don't mind seeing all those cute little sweaters on that sweet little doll. Did you make the doll also?

KnitterMama said...

I love the yarn you used! I looked for something like that for my daughter's dress but I couldn't find it. Did you dye it yourself?

Jennifer said...

The pattern is amazing! The detail is superb.

Genevieve said...

Thank you all for the kind words.
The doll is made by Berri from Moonchild Studio. The yarn is by Crystal Palace, the yarn type is Mochi Plus, colour 551. The yarn was so soft but a bit splitty.

Wendy said...

I've been seeing a lot of doll's clothes on Ravelry lately--very cute! And . . . looking at your previous post . . . so jealous of the snow you have, and your little studio looks so cozy!

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Oh how sweet :) Love love your studio in the photo below to! I've been trying to talk my hubby into building me one to :) Maybe he'll say yes for Christmas *grin*.

Lori ann said...

dear genevieve,
your package arrived. it is so lovely, i am comparing it to the jade sapphire cashmere i bought at purl soho, it's so soft, just gorgeous. and the color is amazing, i love all the subtle variations in there. thank you so much for offering it and also for the bit of handspun deliciousness you included. you are a love. thank you again.
:)