To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. To not dare is to lose oneself.

- Soren Kierkegaard



June 02, 2010

a book

When I was a child I read the Little House on the Prairie series every summer for five years. I could not help being swept up into the lives of the pioneers. Hard work and hardships were constant but amidst that existed such joy, simplicity and a true sense of family. I am so happy to now be sharing this series with my daughter. What is your favorite book or series from childhood?

2 comments:

Julie said...

I adore this series too, and I was even thinking about revisiting it this summer. The Little House books connect with something deep inside that brings me back to what's truly important in life. I'd have to say that this series is my favorite from childhood. I'm also in love with Winnie the Pooh and Charlotte's Web.
Looks like I'm going to have *a lot* of childhood rereads on my summer list!

Elizabeth said...

This is one of my favorite series as well. We just started reading Little House in the Big Woods yeasterday. My girls are loving it as well. Just timeless.